Am I Nice?

Have I developed a mean streak ever since being a teacher?
Have I gotten to used to devising mean plans to "make life difficult" for my students?

It have just come to a realisation that, well... I could actually be kinder =P
Today, I've got so many people being so kind to me...

  1. As usual, praises about Teacher. I went for lesson today, all sneezy and coughing my head off. Teacher gave me a manuka honey candy which was supposedly good for the throat. It was yummy.... =)
    She also offered me some vitamin C effervescence. Then she also gave me two tablets of Echinaecea...... Teacher is soooo sweet lah....
    On another note, after marking my 2004 Exam paper, I got the full 50 marks for the general analysis questions! And teacher said I'm ready to take exam already, and will also do well! Heee....... =)
  2. SS offered me an extra packet of fried beehoon for dinner
  3. Had a 'Japanese flag', luckily Auntie pointed out to me and spared me unneccessary embarrasment. Also helped me adjust my sweater to help me cover.

So it occured to me that, if people can be nice to me, I can afford to be nicer to people too. But having said that, am I NOT nice to begin with? I think I am quite nice (Bah & Yinn, your feedback is much appreciated) just that I don't consciously realise it when I am being nice. In fact, sometimes I feel like I should try not to be too nice, lest people take advantage of me. I should learn how to say NO more. I thought that I do not need to care about that so much in this new job environment, but I guess it is a universal law that applies anywhere you go.

Conclusion, be nice. But at the same time, be wary that others don't take advantage of you. Universal law: Protect Yourself. You come first.

1 comments:

i've always associated you and 'niceness' and not the other way round. hmm this post of yours reminds me of something, think i'll write bout it.

oh, and would love to one day have jap buffet with you la! come to kl la, i belanja you ;)

10:33 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home