GTP

Today got the results of some of my students' practical exam.
Boy was I in for a surprise! Luckily it was a good a good surprise, not a bad one!

Jo commented that, "Wah most of your students got either Distinction or Merit ah..."
Hahah, Jo even gave me a pat on the shoulder and said "Well Done!"

YIPPEE

The verdict:
The first distinction was from Clarence. Phew I'm so relieved that he got distinction! His playing was definitely deserving of no less, but I was scared he couldn't make it cause he turned up late for the exam and was pretty flustered and screwed up some parts.

Next distinction was from Szu Ling. Not surprising. Her preparation was sound.
I guess examiners are more "generous" towards Grade 1 candidates.

3rd distinction was my proudest one. Tingting got distinction!!!!! For that I am so happy.
I knew she definitely can make it but she said she screwed up her scales and almost cried after the exam, so that really left me doubtful. But I'm so glad she did it!
She's my 2nd student to get distinction for both Theory and Practical, heh,..first was Clarence, now her,... boy I'm so happy and proud!
I'm also somewhat glad that she got higher marks than her sister, although her sister is in a higher grade and of course more difficult,... but still..... another feather in my cap.

2 more pleasant surprises to come. ...

That cheeky Firdaus not only passed ( I was so afraid that he wouldn't!) he actually passed with Merit!! Hahah well done...........
I notice that nowadays he is more attentive in class, and more serious when playing the piano... concentrates more and puts in more effort in trying to play the right notes and articulate the notes well... hope he keeps it up.

I'll never forget Hazel's face when she got her results. She was really beaming.... and grinning from ear to ear. She was so pleased with her results, she kept saying "so cool.........".. hahah!
I seriously had my doubts her playing, and at times somewhat regretted recommending her for exams. But I'm glad that she did it! She passed with a Merit!!! All my pushing and even extra lessons paid off! She can really go far if she puts effort in it and practice more.

Oh,.... Ying Qin also surpassed my expectations.. I expected only a Pass from her but she managed a pass with Merit. Must push her more. She too has the potential to do better than what she is currently capable of.

Conclusion: If teacher is perfectionist and expects a lot from herself, she expects no less from her students as well. As a result, all her students excel as well. =D

Looking forward to tomorrow. Would like to hear what TingTing has to say about her good results. =)

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home