An affinity for Baroque

Had a most satisfying day today. Although it was my turn to conduct CIP today, it wasn't my main concern or worry at all. I had practised hard for my Fugue the entire week and I thought I did a decent job out of it, and today was the day I would play it for Teacher.

I started the day full of anticipation. And when it was lesson time, I took a deep breath and told myself, I've worked hard, I know the piece well, I analysed it and now I'm just gonna enjoy the song. I played it once through without mistake. I was quite pleased with it. My teacher was thrilled. She said it was quite good considering I only just started learning it. I brought out the subjects well, the balance was good and even the shaping was ok. She had nothing to correct me. She said, now to continue the rest of the Fugue in the same manner. Yay! I was soooo happy.

In fact the whole day I was literally beaming from ear to ear. Even during CIP. Even during teaching the entire evening. It was such a rewarding day.

Teacher says maybe I have a knack for Baroque pieces maybe because in my past life I lived during the Baroque era, haha! She showed me photos of Baroque pictures and asked if I had an affinity for them... and I said yeah, I like those type of pictures with lots of detail and very ornate... and she concluded... not only quite likely... 90% I used to live during Baroque. Haha... maybe I should capitalise on this bit of info, next time decorate my house Baroque style.. hahah.. hmm maybe not =P

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home