Interior Decorating

As I mentioned before, Belin really opened my eyes to a new world of creativity. Actually, it's not only creative but practical as well.

  • When I asked her how to decorate my studio, the first question she asked me was the function of the room. What I do in the room, how I want it to serve me and my students. And how you decorate the room is based on that principle.
  • Then the second step is to do your research. If you want a table, you have to find for different kinds of tables, and see which one suits your needs.
  • Keep things where they are needed. Within reach. Eg keep your pen in a pen holder on the writing table not on the side table elsewhere.
  • Belin also mentioned about partitioning. Sort of like dividing the room into two sections, like what was done in the Balik Pulau kitchen. Beyond the kitchen cabinet is the kitchen before that is the dining area. Also for example in your studio, we can say that pillar will be the boundary, and beyond that line is like your personal space, where you can put your things and be comfortable. A mat/rug is also something that gives it a feel of a more personal space. But of course in the case of my studio, it's not so practical =P

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home